Why Choose Us?
At Southside Regional Medical Center, our joint replacement program is not your typical hospital program. We know that our joint replacement patients are not sick; but rather healthy individuals who have joint pain and want to have a better quality of life. To help patients prepare for hip and knee replacement surgeries, our centers have developed new ways to involve family and support persons in the patient's recovery and therapy.
Our program brings together a team of knowledgeable surgeons with compassionate and specially trained nurses, therapists and technicians committed to providing seamless, coordinated care and get you back to your favorite activities as soon as possible.
Our comprehensive joint replacement approach includes:
- Extra steps to make sure patients are medically ready for surgery to minimize the chance that surgeries may be cancelled or postponed.
- A comprehensive class and patient care guidebook to prepare you for surgery.
- A coaching role for family members/support persons. We involve family members and support persons from the start and invite them to be actively involved. This approach helps the patient and the spouse/support person prepare to continue care after leaving the hospital.
- Group therapy sessions, in addition to individual ones. Group therapy sessions provide camaraderie, motivation and interaction with other surgery patients who are sharing the road to recovery with you.
- Daily patient quiet time for rest and recuperation.
- A daily itinerary to let you know what to expect each day.
We pride ourselves on the enhancements that we have made to the patient experience and the recognitions we have received for quality and patient outcomes. We are Joint Commission Certified in Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement.